by Tarla Dalal
Added to 149 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 421281 times
Gobi or cauliflower grows abundantly in the punjab. This vegetable is enjoyed by people of all ages and is a specialty at most celebration and religious gatherings. Here gobi has been combined with a cooked onion masala and used as a stuffing for a parathas. Serve these hot golden brown parathas glistening with ghee, with some pudina raita and lehsun ka achaar. It also tastes great as an accompaniment to the dal amritsari.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the cauliflower and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 4 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander and mix well. Keep aside.
- Divide the gobi stuffing into 5 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the gobi stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 175 mm. (7") in diameter using whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook using a little ghee, till both the sides are golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 4 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.