Punjabi Reshmi Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14820 times
A sumptuous paratha from the kitchens of Punjab, which is characterized by its delightful texture and the appetizing aroma and taste of ajwain.
A lot of small things add up to the fabulousness of the Punjabi Reshmi Paratha. Right from the addition of milk and ghee to the dough, to the consistency of the dough and the way it is rolled, everything contributes to the excellent taste and texture that you are about to experience.
You can enjoy this awesome Indian bread with recipes like the Kadai Paneer Subzi , and the Phoolgobhi aur Mutter ki Kari .
- Combine the plain flour, ajwain and salt in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp ghee in small non-stick pan on a medium flame till hot.
- Add the ghee to the flour mixture, mix well using your hands, till it looks like bread crumbs.
- Knead into a semi-soft dough using milk, cover it with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a 150mm. (6”) diameter circle, without using any flour or ghee.
- Put ½ tsp ghee and spread it evenly over it.
- Fold into half to form a semi- circle and fold again to form a triangle.
- Roll out the triangular paratha without using any flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each paratha on both the sides, using a little ghee, till its golden brown from both the sides.
- Cool slightly and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.