Gobi Simla Mirch Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 19831 times
There is something magical about cauliflower. It seems so common, but lends itself to a variety of preparations from everyday fare to exotic dishes. Here, for example, it combines with peppy capsicum, everyday spices and spice powders to make a tongue-tickling Gobi Simla Mirch that you can serve with roti or enjoy just by itself! You will surely enjoy the tang lent by tomatoes and the super aromatic touch of kasuri methi in this mouth-watering dish.
Recipe Description for Gobi Simla Mirch
- Heat enough water in a deep non-stick pan, add the salt, turmeric powder and cauliflower, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the cauliflower florets are parboiled.
- Drain the cauliflower florets and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cauliflower and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the capsicum, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Sprinkle a little water if the vegetables begin to burn. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, garam masala, green chillies and dried fenugreek leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, 2 tbsp of water, sautéed cauliflower and capsicum, a little salt and coriander, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the masalas coat the vegetables evenly, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
See step by step images of Gobi Simla Mirch Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.