Cream Of Spinach Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 132 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58107 times
One of the most delicious ways to serve spinach... so tasty that everybody right from kids to senior citizens will slurp it up! Luscious to the core, the Cream of Spinach Soup features a blend of spinach, onions and chillies combined with white sauce and fresh cream, all of which gives it a milky flavour and rich mouth-feel. Keep some aside for you in the kitchen, or there won’t be a drop left in the bowl.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and cook on a slow flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, or till the sauce thickens, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and green chillies, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add 2 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely. Once cooled blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same deep non-stick pan, add the white sauce and a little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh cream.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.