Coriander - Onion Chutney
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 943 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49358 times
Both coriander and onion have a strong flavour and aroma, that come together well in this chutney. Tamarind and a selection of spices like asafoetida and red chillies add to the pungency, making sure that the coriander-onion chutney really kindles your gastronomic juices.
- Heat 6 tsp oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the urad dal and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the onions, asafoetida, tamarind pulp, half the red chillies and salt and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Add the coriander and blend in a mixer using ¼ cup of water to a coarse paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp of oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the remaining half of red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the prepared paste and mix well.
- Refrigerate and use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.