Vegetable Rice Cake Video
Viewed 90 times
Idli batter along with a selection of veggies and an aromatic tempering transforms into a delectable snack for any time of the day and any occasion.
Recipe Description for Vegetable Rice Cake
- Combine all the ingredients, except the fruit salt, in a deep bowl along approx. With 2 tbsp of water and mix well. Keep aside.
- Just before making the rice cake, sprinkle the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water over the batter.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Divide the batter into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil on a non-stick tava (griddle), add ½ tsp sesame seeds, ¼ tsp carom seeds, ¼ tsp mustard seeds, ¼ tsp cumin seeds and ¼ tsp asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, pour 1 portion of the batter on the tava and spread the batter evenly in a circular motion using big spoon.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till it is golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 to make 1 more rice cake.
- Serve the vegetable rice cake immediately with green chutney.
See step by step images of Vegetable Rice Cake Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.