Cooked Rice Pancake Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 2897 times
This sumptuous Cooked Rice Pancake is ideal to make for breakfast, especially if you have some rice leftover from the previous day! A unique batter of cooked rice, wheat flour and besan, perked up with loads of veggies and taste-boosters like green chillies, curds and asafoetida, gives you yummy and filling pancakes that are soft with a touch of crispness too. The addition of curd to the batter not only gives the pancakes a mild tang but also a nice golden colour and crispness, like what you would get from a fermented batter like uttapa. These delicious pancakes taste amazing with green chutney. You can also try other pancakes like Nachni Pancakes and Mini Rava Vegetable Pancakes.
Recipe Description for Cooked Rice Pancakes
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well to make a batter of dropping consistency using approx. 1 cup of water.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with little oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread into a circular motion to make a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle.
- Cook on both sides, using little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 9 more pancakes.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.