Buckwheat Pancake (Diabetic Snacks) Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 5795 times
Pancakes are favorites across the world. In this Indianised version, the not-so-common buckwheat combines with sour low-fat curds and bottlegourd to make iron and fibre-rich pancakes. Have it along with tangy carrot garlic chutney or green chutney for a delicious treat.
Recipe Description for Buckwheat Pancakes, Kuttu Pancake Diabetic Snacks
- Combine the buckwheat and curds with 2 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside to soak for 1 hour.
- Blend the buckwheat-curds mixture to a coarse mixture without using any water.
- Transfer the coarse mixture into a deep bowl, add the ginger-green chilli paste, coriander, turmeric powder, asafoetida, bottle gourd, salt and 1 tbsp of water and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using 1/8 tsp of oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread in a circular motion to make 100 mm. (4”) diameter thick circle.
- Cook, using 1/8 tsp of oil, till it turns light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 to make 7 more pancakes.
- Serve immediately with mint and onion chutney.
See step by step images of Buckwheat Pancakes, Kuttu Pancake Diabetic Snacks Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.