Mixed Sprouts Poha (Healthy Breakfast) Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
Viewed 13891 times
A nutritious breakfast taken early in the morning holds you in good stead throughout the day. Batata poha is a breakfast dish that's really easy to make and is commonly eaten in most houses. To make it healthier, i have substituted potatoes with sprouts in this recipe as sprouted pulses are easier to digest while providing precious nutrients like iron, calcium, b-complex vitamin and c.
Recipe Description for Mixed Sprouts Poha
- Place the beaten rice on a sieve and wash lightly. Drain and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few minutes or till the onion turn light brown in colour.
- Add the mixed sprouts and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the beaten rice and lemon juice and mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy||Protein||Carbohydrate||Fat||Iron||Fibre||Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
| 156 calories.|| 4.6 gm.|| 25.1 gm.|| 1.8 gm.|| 5.4 mg|| 1.1 gm|| 151.4 mcg|| 10.5 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.