Creamy Spinach Toast (Healthy Breakfast) Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 7040 times
A classic breakfast option to prepare on days when you have half an hour to spare. For those who find bread dry and slow to ingest without oodles of butter or cheese, the creamy and moist spinach filling provides a low-cal alternative. The creamy spinach toast adds up to just 26 calories per piece, while at the same time providing a good spread of nutrients including, calcium and proteins required to rush into the day!
Recipe Description for Creamy Spinach Toast
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and soda bi-carb and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till it is thick in consistency, while stirring continuously.
- Allow it to cool and divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Spread one portion of the prepared topping on each toasted bread, sprinkle 1 tsp of cheese on the top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 8 to 10 minutes or till crisp.
- Cut each bread slice diagonally into 4 pieces and serve immediately.
See step by step images of Creamy Spinach Toast Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.