Broken Wheat Upma Video (Healthy Breakfast) by Tarla Dalal's Team
Viewed 30937 times
Fibre-rich broken wheat variation of the traditional semolina upma. The carrots and green peas add the necessary crunch along with the wealth of vitamin a.
Recipe Description for Broken Wheat Upma, Healthy Breakfast Recipe
- To make broken wheat upma, clean and wash the broken wheat thoroughly. Par-boil the broken wheat in 2 cups of hot water for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, curry leaves, green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and ginger, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the green peas and carrots, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the broken wheat, salt and 1¼ cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Garnish the broken wheat upma with coriander and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Pack in an air-tight box.
See step by step images of Broken Wheat Upma, Healthy Breakfast Recipe
Nutrient values per serving
| 18.0 gm|| 107 cal.|| 2.8 gm.|| 2.4 gm|| 199.7 mcg|| 1.4 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.