Batata Poha/ Quick Kanda Batata Poha/ Aloo Poha Recipe Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 15300 times
Batata Poha is so wholesome and tasty that you can make it any time of the day, as breakfast, supper or a simple snack. The potatoes and onions act as a soft and moist interlude to the chewy poha, while the traditional tempering, ginger-chilli paste and lemon juice add to the flavour. While it tastes best when had hot and fresh, it can also be carried in the snack box.
Recipe Description for Batata Poha, Quick Kanda Batata Poha, Aloo Poha
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, 2 tbsp of water, salt and ½ tsp of turmeric powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place the beaten rice in a sieve and hold it under running water for a few seconds. Toss well to drain out all excess water.
- Add the washed and drained beaten rice, a little salt, ginger-green chilli paste, remaining ¼ tsp of turmeric powder, sugar, lemon juice and milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander and lemon wedge.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.