Oats Upma (Fibre-rich Breakfast) Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 13936 times
Ideal for diabetics, this fibre-rich upma made with quick cooking oats and enhanced with carrots and green peas, will appeal to others as well. This makes a truly filling breakfast that will keep you going till lunch time.
Recipe Description for Oats Upma ( Breakfast Recipes)
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a non-stick pan, add the oats and ½ tsp of turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till it turns light brown in colour, stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, curry leaves, red chillies and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the carrots and green peas and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the oats mixture, sugar, salt and remaining ½ tsp of turmeric powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Add 1½ cups of hot water, cover and cook on a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.