Soya Upma (Iron Rich Recipe) Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
Viewed 14330 times
This iron, folic acid and vitamin b12 rich upma is much more nutritious than plain semolina upma. Vegetarian diets are deficient in vitamin b12, but soya and its by products are an excellent vegetarian source of this vitamin, which is very important for mums-to-be, especially during the first trimester. Soya granules provide plenty of protein, energy and calcium too. Soya granules are smaller version of nuggets. To add to this carrots abound in vitamin a while lemon juice provides good vitamin c.
Recipe Description for Soya Upma ( Healthy Breakfast)
- Soak the soya granules in hot water for approximately 15 minutes. Drain, squeeze out all the water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan / kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal and sauté on a medium flame till the dal turns light brown.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes till the onions turn light brown in colour.
- Add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the soya granules, salt and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
See step by step images of Soya Upma ( Healthy Breakfast) Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.