Lauki Chilla, Bottle Gourd Doodhi Cheela
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 72860 times
Chilla, the Indian pancake, is so versatile that you can add any combination of ingredients to the basic besan batter to come up with something new that tastes different!
This Lauki Chilla is one such version that you will definitely fall in love with. With the succulence of lauki, the pleasant tanginess of curds and the warmth of chilli powder, these pancakes are sure to make your breakfast or supper very special indeed.
It also happens to be a no-fuss, no-sweat recipe, which instantly topples the votes in its favour!
You can also try other chilla recipes like Sprouted Moong and Methi Chilas or High Fibre Chilas .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl along with ½ cup of water and mix well.
- Heat and grease a non-stick tava (griddle) grease it using ¼ tsp of oil. Pour a ladle of the batter on the tava (griddle) and spread it evenly to make a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle.
- Cook it using ½ tsp of oil till both the sides turn golden brown in colour.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 6 more chilas.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chila
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.