Italian Fruit Pastry
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6016 times
Experience the simplicity and elegance of Italian cooking with this lovely dessert recipe, Italian fruit pastry. A fruit flavoured chocolate cake recipe, Italian fruit pastry is best enjoyed as a tea cake.
- Make filling:finely chop dride fruits. mix with cardamom & almond.
- Soak in honey ,cover & set aside.
- Make dough:mix flour,sugar& salt.sift mixture over surface.
- Make well in center.
- Combaine baking soda,soda bi-carbonate,condensed milk & extreat.
- Pour mixture into well.
- Place butter cubes around flour.
- Cut in butter in to dry ingredients until mixture resembles small peas.
- Quickly knead dough with hands.
- Roll out dough about 1/16"thick.using a 2"diameter biscuit cutter, cut out circles.
- Cut xs in center of half of circles;put 1 t.filling on other half.
- Press halves together.
- Place the filled pestries on lined cookie sheets, & bake in prehrated 350*oven for 12-15 minutes.
This recipe was contributed by sonal_t on 02 Mar 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.