French Onion Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 45 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21898 times
A soup for the sophisticated.
- Slice the onions very finely. Deep fry them in ghee to a golden brown colour.
- Warm the butter in vessel and add the clear part of the brown stock.
- Add 2 to 3 teacups of water to the remaining part of the stock. Leave for 10 minutes and add again the top clear part of the stock to the soup.
- Add the onions and salt and half of the grated cheese. Boil the soup for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Apply butter to the pieces of toast and sprinkle cheese on them.
- In each cup, put 1 piece of toast, pour the hot soup, sprinkle a little cheese and serve.
- If desired, add a poached egg to each cup before serving.
French Onion Soup Video by Tarla Dalal
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.