Easy Moong Dal Khandvi
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6356 times
Khandvis are a gujarati specialty snack recipe with gram flour. However, this moong dal khandvi recipe brings a nice variation to the taste and texture of the steamed khandvis and are made from ground moong dal. Enjoy with coconut chutney or mint sauce.
- Drain and blend the moong dal in a mixer to a smooth paste, using 1 tbsp of water.
- Combine the moong dal paste, curds, ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt in a microwave safe bowl and mix well.
- Microwave on high for 7 minutes, stirring in between after every 2 minutes.
- Spread the mixture thinly on the back of three 200 mm. (8") diameter thalis and allow to cool for five minutes.
- Cut the khandvi into 50 mm. (2") thick strips, carefully rolling up each strip.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When they crackle, add the sesame seeds and asafoetida and pour on top of the prepared khandvis.
- Serve, garnished with the coriander
This recipe was contributed by alpana_f75 on 01 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.