Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33704 times
Dudhi halwa is a north indian sweet dish prepared from grated doodhi(also known as bottle gourd or lauki) cooked with sugar, ghee and spices like cardamom. A delicious dessert dish which can be served as a snack or after meal sweet!
- Squeeze out excess water from the bottle gourd.
- Heat a deep pan and add the bottle gourd and saute till it turns translucent.
- Add the sugar and milk, mix well and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cook till the bottle gourd becomes dry and cooked, using milk is required, while stirring frequently.
- Add the other ingredients and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by vinodsharma on 29 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.