How many calories does one serving of Vitamin Khichdi have?
One serving of Vitamin Khichdi gives 173 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 116 calories, proteins account for 22 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 34 calories. One serving of Vitamin Khichdi provides about 9 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
173 calories for 1 serving of Vitamin Khichdi (Protein Rich Recipe), Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrates 29g, Protein 5.6g, Fat 3.8g.
See Vitamin Khichdi recipe. dalia vegetable khichdi | protein rich broken wheat sprouts khichdi | vitamin khichdi for weight loss | with 30 images.
vitamin khichdi is a healthy khichi made with no rice. Learn to make dalia vegetable khichdi.
This dalia vegetable khichdi is one meal but multi-nutrient! It is packed with vitamins and proteins that are found in abundance in paneer, moong sprouts and dalia.
The veggies, masala and curd in vitamin khichdi ensure that you have a delicious, and healthy meal.
Easy to make, a one pot dish dinner, and a one dish meal, the vitamin khichdi is the epitome of convenience. Breakfast, brunch, supper or dinner, if you want a simple meal in a hurry, look no further than the humble vitamin khichdi for weight loss.
Fibre in Dalia, Broken Wheat Aids in Managing Diabetes for vitamin khichdi. 1.3 g of fibre is what ½ a cup of raw broken wheat provides.
Is Vitamin Khichdi healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Dalia ( Broken Wheat, Bulgar Wheat) : High Fibre in dalia aids in managing Diabetes. The high fiber further assists in controlling the levels of cholesterol too, thus reducing the risk of strokes. Strong Bones are the backbone of our body. We are aware that with age our bone mineral density decreases and we need a good dose of calcium, phosphorus and magnesium to maintain the health of our bones and dalia provides that. See here for detailed 8 amazing benefits of dalia.
2. Sprouted Moong ( whole green gram) : Moong sprouts is a nutri-dense sprout. It’s a good sources of several nutrients like b vitamins, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus. These sprouts are a protein boost. Sprouted moong is beneficial in relieving the symptoms of anaemia by building haemoglobin levels due to its high iron count. The fiber from sprouted moong has also been linked to lower LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) levels, thus decreasing the risk of heart diseases. help to maintain blood pressure and good for pregnancy. See detailed benefits of sprouted moong in moong sprouts glossary.
3. Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
4. Green Peas : Green peas are good for weight loss, good source of vegetarian protein, has insoluble fibre to relieve constipation. Legumes like green peas, cow peas, mung, chick peas and kidney beans have a cholesterol lowering effect. Green Peas are rich in Vitamin K which aids in bone metabolism. Is green peas good for diabetics and see full benefits of green peas.
5. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Vitamin Khichdi ?
Yes, this is healthy. Eat dalia in restricted quantity for diabetics. All ingredients are healthy for heart and weight loss. The high fiber further assists in controlling the levels of cholesterol too, thus reducing the risk of strokes. The fiber from sprouted moong has also been linked to lower LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) levels, thus decreasing the risk of heart diseases. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack.
Can healthy individuals have Vitamin Khichdi ?
Yes! We suggest you pair it with homemade curds using cows milk or low fat curds or or a low fat cucumber raita.
Vitamin Khichdi is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Weight Loss
3. Diabetic Khichdi resrticed quantity
4. Healthy Heart Khichdi
5. Pregnancy Iron Rich Foods
6. Kids high fibre
7. Low choleseterol rice, khichdi
8. Pregnancy Khichdi
9. Senior Citizens with Diabetes
10. Senior citizen with heart and cholesterol issues
Vitamin Khichdi is high in
1. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
2. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 173 calories that come from Vitamin Khichdi?
Walking (6 kmph) = 52 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 17 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 23 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 30 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.