How many calories does one serving of Paneer Tomato and Lettuce Salad have?
One serving (205 grams) of Paneer Tomato and Lettuce Salad in Tangy Dressing gives 149 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 75 calories, proteins account for 37.6 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 32 calories. One serving of Paneer Tomato and Lettuce Salad provides about 4 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
149 calories for 1 serving of Paneer Tomato and Lettuce Salad in Tangy Dressing, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrates 18.8 g, Protein 9.4g, Fat 4g.
See paneer tomato lettuce salad recipe | paneer salad for weight loss | green peas, capsicum, celery salad | pregnancy salad | protein, fibre, vitamin b1 rich salad | with 25 amazing images.
Paneer tomato lettuce salad is made with basic ingredients available in your Indian kitchen. Learn how to make green peas, capsicum, celery salad.
paneer tomato lettuce salad is an interesting combination of textures blended with a tangy dressing.
For a healthier option in this protein, fibre, vitamin b1 rich salad , replace low fat paneer with tofu (soya paneer), which contains beneficial phytonutrients like 'genistein' and 'isoflavones' that lower blood cholesterol levels and remove fatty deposits from the arteries.
Lettuce in paneer salad for weight loss is rich in Vitamin C works as an immune building vitamin by helping multiply white blood cells (WBC). Lettuce abounds in Vitamin A – Stops Inflammation and Improves Eyesight.
Is Paneer Tomato and Lettuce Salad healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Lettuce : Lettuce is low in calories and aids in Weight Loss. Being rich in Vitamin C works as an immune building vitamin by way of helping multiply white blood cells (WBC). Lettuce abounds in Vitamin A – Stops Inflammation and Improves Eyesight. Keeps heart healthy and manages diabetes. Rich in Folic acid, one such nutrient which a mother-to-be should start building the reserve of much before conception. See benefits of lettuce.
2. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
3. Green Peas : Green peas are good for weight loss, good source of vegetarian protein, has insoluble fibre to relieve constipation. Legumes like green peas, cow peas, mung, chick peas and kidney beans have a cholesterol lowering effect. Green Peas are rich in Vitamin K which aids in bone metabolism. Green peas have a Glycemic Index (GI) rank of 22 which is low and good for diabetics. Is green peas good for diabetics and see full benefits of green peas.
4. Celery (Ajmoda) : Celery helps reduce the total blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels, thus reducing the clogging of arteries and chances of stroke. Diabetics too can include this vegetable to their diet as its high fiber contribute to maintain healthy levels of blood sugar levels. Potassium and its active compound phthalides have shown positive effects in controlling blood pressure. See detailed benefits of celery.
5. Capsicum (Bell Peppers) : Rich in vitamin C, capsicum protect and maintain the lining of the heart. Colourful capsicums are not only visually appealing but also good for your eyes too, as they contain antioxidant Lutein, which protects the eye from cataracts and degeneration of the eye. Capsicum is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells in the bone marrow. See detailed benefits of capsicum.
6. Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
7. Tulsi Leaves (Holy Basil) : Tulsi has the anti-bacterial property which helps to relieve cold. It’s known to boost immune system and keep other diseases at bay. By maintaining the pH balance in the stomach it helps to ease acidity. Some phytochemicals in tulsi are known to protect against cancer too. Being an antioxidant it detoxifies the body as well. The most effective time to have this Tulsi Water is early in the morning on an empty stomach. Make it a habit of consuming Tulsi Water for a healthy body free of stress, anxiety and depression.
8. Lemon, Lemon Juice : Lemon is a very good source of Vitamin C and thus helps in the production of white blood cells and antibodies in the blood which attacks invading microorganisms, prevents infection and builds immunity. Therefore, Lemon juice is given to prevent common cold. The ascorbic acid in lemon juice helps in absorption of iron from the food. So if you’re iron deficient or have anaemia squeeze a lemon on iron rich recipes. See detailed benefits of lemon, lemon juice.
9. Olive Oil : Olive oil is a strong antioxidant and good for heart. Also its has anti inflammation properties. This is one of the healthiest oil you can opt for. It has around 77% of MUFA. Olive oil, especially the extra virgin olive oil, is unrefined oil in its natural state and free of chemicals. Moreover, olive oil also possess polyphenols – a type of antioxidant which protects body cells and maintains heart health as well. Popular in Mediterranean cooking, this oil works best for salad dressings or quick sautéing recipes. They cannot be used for prolonged cooking at high temperatures.Note that its a fat at the end of the day so don't consume too much. Read the super article of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Paneer Tomato and Lettuce Salad in Tangy Dressing?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart.
Can healthy individuals have Paneer Tomato and Lettuce Salad in Tangy Dressing?
Paneer Tomato and Lettuce Salad in Tangy Dressing is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
3. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
4. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
5. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
6. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
7. Folic Acid (Vitamin B9): Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
8. Phosphorus : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 84 calories that come from Paneer Tomato and Lettuce Salad in Tangy Dressing?
Walking (6 kmph) = 25mins
Running (11 kmph) = 8 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 11 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 14 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.