How many calories does one Radish Nachni Roti have?
One Radish Nachni Roti gives 95 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 68 calories, proteins account for 10 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 18 calories. One Radish Nachni Roti provides about 5 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Radish Nachni Roti recipe. An unusual but extremely nutritious roti made with a combination of ragi and wheat flours reinforced with low carbohydrate radish and its greens. The sharp and slightly bitter taste of the radish greens adds great value to the Radish Nachni Roti.
Is Radish Nachni Roti healthy?
Yes, radish nachni roti is helathy. Let's see what it's made of. Nachni, whole wheat flour are healthy. Then we have radish and radish leaves which are healthy too. So lets understand the ingredients.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
Ragi flour ( Nachni flour) : We have used 1/2 cup ragi flour to make 6 rotis. Ragi flour is high in protein and great source for vegetarians. In addition its gluten free, high in fiber which in turn is good for diabetics and a healthy heart. Ragi flour creates a much lower surge in sugar levels compared to wheat. Ragi is rich in Magnesium which improves insulin response by lowering insulin resistance. A must read for the benefits of ragi to include in your daily diet.
2. Whole Wheat flour : 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour is used. Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. See detailed benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
3. Mooli (Radish) : Radish has many heart protective nutrients like Vitamin C, folic acid, calcium, potassium and flavonoids. They are an amazing source of fibre which helps in lowering cholesterol levels. The vitamin C in radishes is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory which can help arthritis patients. Potassium from radish can help lower your risk of kidney stones. See detailed benefits of radish.
4. Radish Leaves (Mooli Ke Patte ) : The radish leaves contain more nutrition than its white root. The vitamin A and vitamin C work towards building the immune cells – WBC (white blood cells). They not only prevent the onset of common diseases like cold and cough but also form a line of prevention against the onset of chronic diseases like cancer, diabetes and heart diseases. Low in carbs, good amount of fibre and hence diabetic friendly. See detailed benefits of radish leaves.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Radish Nachni rotis ?
Yes. Mooli is an amazing source of fibre which helps in lowering cholesterol levels. Great for weight loss too.
Can healthy individuals have Radish Nachni rotis ?
Yes. We suggest you pair it with homemade curds using cows milk or low fat curds.
Basic Homemade Curd, Dahi Or Yogurt Using Cow's Milk
Radish Nachni rotis are safe for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Healthy heart rotis
3. Diabetics with heart issues
4. Diabetic rotis
5. High fibre to lower cholesterol
6. Low cholesterol rotis
7. High fibre for kids
How to burn 95 calories that come from Radish Nachni Roti ?
Walking (6 kmph) = 29 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 10 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 13 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 16 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.