How many calories does one glass Strawberry Almond Milk and Oats Smoothie have?
One glass Strawberry Almond Milk and Oats Smoothie gives 118 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 78 calories, proteins account for 16 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 25 calories. One glass Strawberry Almond Milk and Oats Smoothie provides about 6 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Strawberry Almond Milk and Oats Smoothie recipe.
Is Strawberry Almond Milk and Oats Smoothie healthy?
Yes, this is healthy but restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Oats : Oats are a great source of protein for Vegetarians. It is rich in soluble fibre, which helps lower blood LDL cholesterol, the so-called "Bad" cholesterol. Whole Oats have an antioxidant called Avenanthramide (a polyphenol from oats) which helps lower blood pressure levels. Soluble fibre absorbs water and swells and to become gel like substance which helps in the absorption of nutrients like B Vitamins and minerals like Magnesium and Zinc which are key to a good heart. See here why oats are good for you?
2. Almonds (badam) : Almonds are rich in B complex vitamins such as Vitamin B1, Thiamine, Vitamin B3, Niacin and Folate which plays an important role in the brain development. Almonds balances your cholesterol levels. almonds have a very low glycemic index and good for diabetics. See all 13 super health benefits of almonds.
3. Strawberry : High in fibre, packed with antioxidants and fat free.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Strawberry Almond Milk and Oats Smoothie ?
Diabetics can have only a small amount as the protein content is high and need to make sure that they don't add further protein to that meal. Yes for heart as oats is rich in soluble fibre, which helps lower blood LDL cholesterol, the so-called "Bad" cholesterol. Yes for weight loss as there is fibre and healthy ingredients used.
Can healthy individuals have Strawberry Almond Milk and Oats Smoothie ?
Yes, this is a healthy drink.
Strawberry Almond Milk and Oats Smoothie is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 118 calories that come from Strawberry Almond Milk and Oats Smoothie?
Walking (6 kmph) = 35 mins
Running (11 kmph) =12 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 16 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 20 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.