How many calories does one serving of Quinoa, Rocket Leaves and Chickpea Veg Salad have?
One serving of Quinoa, Rocket Leaves and Chickpea Veg Salad gives 511 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 280 calories, proteins account for 61 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 190 calories. One serving of Quinoa, Rocket Leaves and Chickpea Veg Salad provides about 26 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Quinoa, Rocket Leaves and Chickpea Veg Salad recipe.
Is Quinoa, Rocket Leaves and Chickpea Veg Salad healthy?
Quinoa, Rocket Leaves and Chickpea Veg Salad is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
3. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
4. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
5. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
6. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
7. Zinc : Zinc is involved in collagen synthesis and this helps repair skin and helps build immunity.
8. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
9. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
10. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
11. Vitamin E : Vitamin E balances cholesterol levels, repairs damaged skin and keeps hair shiny.
12. Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) : Vitamin B2 enables the production of red blood cells that contribute to the rise in your energy levels. So have more milk, curds, eggs and green leafy vegetables.
13. Iron : Iron is essential in the chemical reactions that produce energy from foods. Eat more greens and garden cress seeds to prevent you from being anaemic. Here are the top 7 sources of iron rich foods.
14. Potassium : Potassium is critical for those with high blood pressure as it lessen the impact of sodium. Eat more avocados, bananas, watermelons, papaya, plums and grapefruits.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 511 calories that come from Quinoa, Rocket Leaves and Chickpea Veg Salad?
Walking (6 kmph) = 2hr 33 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 51 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 1hr 8 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 1hr 28 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.