How many calories does one serving of Paneer Mutter Biryani have?
One serving of Paneer Mutter Biryani gives 153 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 125 calories, proteins account for 18 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 9 calories. One serving of Paneer Mutter Biryani provides about 8 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Paneer Mutter Biryani recipe. paneer matar biryani recipepaneer matar biryani recipe | brown rice veg biryani | healthy paneer brown rice biryani | green peas brown rice biryani .
Layers of brown rice and spicy paneer mutter make this paneer matar biryani recipe a real delicacy. This brown rice veg biryani is undoubtedly going to be each one’s favorite. Learn how to make healthy paneer brown rice biryani.
For green peas brown rice biryani, first the onion brown rice is made. In a deep non-stick pan onions are roasted and then the cooked brown rice and salt are added and cooked for about a minute. This is followed by making the paneer mutter mixture of the biryani. Again onions, ginger-green chilli paste and garlic paste are roasted with about a tbsp. of water. Then fresh tomato pulp and a few spices are added and cooked for a while. Finally paneer cubes, green peas and salt are added and the consistency is adjusted with water. A final cooking of 1 minute is required hereafter and the subzi is then ready for serving.
Paneer is a show-stealer in healthy paneer brown rice biryani, here we have made use of its low fat version to save on some calories and fat!. And roasted onions add a yummy touch to the brown rice.
This biryani is a tad healthier than white rice biryani. The use of brown rice and green peas boosts the fiber content of this brown rice veg biryani. But remember to control the portion size. Weight watchers need to be aware of the carbs that are accompanied with this biryani. Not more than half serving of this biryani is suggested occasionally for diabetics and heart patients.
Is Paneer Mutter Biryani healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
2. Green Peas : Green peas are good for weight loss, good source of vegetarian protein, has insoluble fibre to relieve constipation. Legumes like green peas, cow peas, mung, chick peas and kidney beans have a cholesterol lowering effect. Green Peas are rich in Vitamin K which aids in bone metabolism. Green peas have a Glycemic Index (GI) rank of 22 which is low and good for diabetics. Is green peas good for diabetics and see full benefits of green peas.
3. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin in Onions promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
4. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
5. Brown Rice : The glycemic indiex of brown rice is 20% lower than white rice Therefore, brown rice is good for people with diabetes if consumed in limited quantity. Being a good source of fibre that reduces high cholesterol levels and prevents atherosclerosis and good for your heart. Being a complex carbohydrate and low in GI. It is suitable for people on weight loss diet. See article is brown rice good for you?
6. Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. The Calcium in Milk helps to protect your teeth against gum disease and keeps your jaw bone strong and healthy. Milk is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. However diabetics must consider including low fat milk as advised by their dietitian only so as to avoid any fluctuations in blood sugar levels. Protein is another key nutrient which milk is rich in - 8.6 g from a cup. So all those looking to build protein stores can add milk and its products like curd and paneer to their diet. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
What's the problem?
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Paneer Mutter Biryani?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss BUT eat in limited quantity for diabetics. The glycemic indiex of brown rice is 20% lower than white rice Therefore, brown rice is good for people with diabetes if consumed in limited quantity. Being a good source of fibre that reduces high cholesterol levels and prevents atherosclerosis and good for your heart. Being a complex carbohydrate and low in GI. It is suitable for people on weight loss diet.
Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes.
What are other healthy options ?
We suggest the following healthy khichdi like fada ni khichdi recipe, vitamin khichdi recipe, buckwheat moong dal and vegetable khichdi, bajra moong and green peas khichdi, barley khichdi and vegetable biryani from brown rice. All these recipes have ZERO usage of rice and portion control is suggested for diabetics.
Can healthy individuals have Paneer Mutter Biryani?
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
Paneer Mutter Biryani is high in
1. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 153 calories that come from Paneer Mutter Biryani?
Walking (6 kmph) = 46 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 15 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 20 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 26 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.