How many calories does one serving of Black Grape Shake have?
One serving of Black Grape Shake gives 493 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 104 calories, proteins account for 69 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 234 calories. One serving of Black Grape Shake provides about 25 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Black Grape Shake recipe. black grape shake | Indian style black grape milkshake | black grape smoothie for pregnancy.
black grape shake is my Indian style black grape milkshake or black grape smoothie and this is how i make it at home. This magic formula features a unique combination of black grapes, milk and curds, which has a luscious mouth-feel and tangy flavour that you will enjoy.
Indian style black grape milkshake is rich in energy and protein, and the addition of yoghurt not only improves the texture and flavour of this drink, but also adds more protein and calcium to boot. Just 4 ingredients and the outcome is heavenly.
The antioxidants in black grapes help to reduce wrinkles on the skin and give it an appealing glow. Sip on this tangy black grape shake too replenish your energy levels, when you feel nauseous and do not feel like eating much.
This black grape smoothie for pregnancy is a pregnancy recipe for nausea and sickness. Also, you can serve this to your kids, the colour makes it even tempting and exciting.
Is Black Grape Shake healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Black Grapes : The flavonoid quercitin found in grapes helps to reduce the risk of heart diseases and prevents the onset of stroke. Resveratrol is another antioxidant that grapes possess. Grapes contain the necessary minerals to maintain or lower blood pressure. Vitamin C is known as an immune booster. Basically it helps to build our white blood cells (WBC), the immune cells, and builds a strong line of defence against common diseases like cold and cough. Diabetics to eat in restricted quantity. See detailed benefits of grapes.
2. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
3. Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. The Calcium in Milk helps to protect your teeth against gum disease and keeps your jaw bone strong and healthy. Milk is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. However diabetics must consider including low fat milk as advised by their dietitian only so as to avoid any fluctuations in blood sugar levels. Protein is another key nutrient which milk is rich in - 8.6 g from a cup. So all those looking to build protein stores can add milk and its products like curd and paneer to their diet. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
What's the problem?
Sugar : Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
How to quit sugar in your Indian meals.
To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet. It requires a slow and deliberate attempt to do it. Find hidden sugar in packaged foods and drinks and stop having those products. Did you know that a can of your favourite soft drink is estimated to have 1/2 cup of sugar. Refinded carbohydrates like maida, sugar, bread, pasta, noodles and sugar on consumption get stored as unhealthy fat in the body. Sugar based foods make you feel lazy, tired and moody.
As you consume less sugar, your body will crave for it less. Instead of masala chai you can have ginger tea or fresh mint and lemon tea in the morning or just plain black coffee. When craving for sugar, turn to sweet fruits like bananas, pineapple, berries, strawberries etc. Use dates as a sweetener for your dessert like eggless date and almond cake. Avoid having too salty Indian foods like achar, papad, bread as you will later crave the opposite of sweet foods like peda, ladoo, chocolates, cola drinks etc which have loads of sugar.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Black Grape Shake?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet. It requires a slow and deliberate attempt to do it. Find hidden sugar in packaged foods and drinks and stop having those products.
Can healthy individuals have Black Grape Shake?
Healthy Indian smoothies to have
apple and date smoothie with curds, apple shake, Healthy peanut butter, blueberry almond milk smoothie and mango banana spinach smoothie bowl. All these smoothies have zero sugar used.
Apple and Date Smoothie, Smoothie with Curds
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
Black Grape Shake is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
3. Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) : Vitamin B2 enables the production of red blood cells that contribute to the rise in your energy levels. So have more milk, curds, eggs and green leafy vegetables.
4. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
5. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
6. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 493 calories that come from Black Grape Shake?
Walking (6 kmph) = 2 hrs 28 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 49 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 1 hr 6 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 1 hr 25 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.