Whole Wheat Salad Wrap, Healthy Wrap
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 86 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27698 times
I love this one because it is simple and nutritious! This no-fuss wrap is rich in anti-oxidant rich veggies like tomatoes, spring onions, carrots, bean sprouts and lettuce that help reverse ageing.
Not only is this wrap nutritious, it is also luscious due to presence of fresh herbs like coriander and mint. Wrap it up in a spinach roti for that fresh green look!
You can also try other nutritious wraps like Mixed Sprouts Wrap or Honeyed Tofu and Pepper-Roll .
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion into 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle using a little flour.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and lightly cook the rotis on both the sides. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, kashmiri chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and approx. 2 to 3 tbsp water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato ketchup, spring onion greens, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Use a potato masher to lightly mash the mixture and keep aside.
- Just before serving, warm a roti on a non-stick tava.
- Place the roti on a clean dry surface and spread 2 tbsp of the tomato-garlic chutney evenly over it.
- Arrange 1/4 th of the salad and spread 1 tbsp of mayonnaise in a row in the centre of the roti and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more wraps.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wrap
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.