Whole Moong Dosa
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39258 times
This recipe combines the best of south Indian snacks like pesarattu and dosa with the goodness of whole moong, resulting in a wholesome and filling snack option. The use of whole moong offers culinary and nutritious benefits. While its rich fibre content helps lower cholesterol levels, it also gives the dosa a mild and enjoyable crunch. The stuffing of onions, coriander and green chillies also adds to the appeal of the Whole Moong Dosa, both in terms of flavour and texture.
- Combine the moong, rice and the urad dal in a deep bowl and soak in enough water for 4 hours.
- Drain well and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using 1½ cups of water as required till the batter has the consistency of dosa batter.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, cover with a lid and keep aside to ferment for 5 to 6 hours.
- Add the salt and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil. Sprinkle a little water on it (it should sizzle immediately) and wipe off using a piece of cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of batter on a hot non-stick tava (griddle) and spread in a circular motion to make a 150 mm. (6”) diameter dosa and spread ¼ tsp of oil around the edges.
- Sprinkle a portion of the stuffing evenly over the dosa and press it lightly. Cook till it is brown in colour and fold it over.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and stuffing to make 7 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with sambhar.
Nutrient values per dosa
|Energy|| 118 calories|
|Protein|| 6.5 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 19.2 gm|
|Fat|| 1.8 gm|
|Fibre|| 4.2 gm|
|Calcium|| 38.2 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.