Valor Papdi Nu Shak, Winter Sabzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 31 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27971 times
The Valor Papdi nu Shak is a homely and tasty winter subzi, which tastes great with chapatis. Fresh and juicy valor papdi is cooked with a traditional tempering of mustard seeds, and flavoured with a mix of taste-givers like garlic paste and green chilli paste.
Coconut adds to the taste of this subzi and also gives it a nice mouth-feel. Serve it hot with chapatis right off the tava. This is one of the most comforting combinations for a cold winter’s day!
You can also try other shaak recipes like Batata Chips Nu Shaak and Walor Muthia nu Shaak .
- Combine the coconut, coriander, garlic paste, green chilli paste, sugar and salt in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add mustard seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the valor papdi and baking soda, cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coconut-coriander mixture, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot with chapatis.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.