Vada Pav By sgambhir
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2917 times
Vada pav is a popular vegetarian fast food dish, popular in the Indian state of Maharashtra, especially Mumbai. The deep fried potato vada are placed in between a pav( Indian bun). This crispy and spicy snack is a favorite among all and is made easy to prepare with this vada pav recipe.
- Boil the potatoes, peel and mash them coarsely.
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned for the vada, and mix it with the mashed potatoes.
- Divide the mixture equally and shape into round balls.
- Mix all the ingredients and make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, then dip the potato balls in the thick gram flour batter and deep fry in the oil.
- Remove the vadas when they are light or pale in colour.
- Slice the pav or bread and spread some chutney and place the fried vada in between.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by sgambhir on 07 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.