Stuffed Potatoes with Creamy Mushroom
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 194 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37391 times
Crispy cups of potatoes are stuffed with a lusciously creamy mixture of mushrooms delicately flavoured with oregano. This is a gourmand’s delight, with an appealing appearance and appetising flavour.
The texture, of course, tops the charts, with a beautiful contrast between the crispness of the deep-fried potato cups and the succulence of the white sauce based mushroom mixture. Onions and green chillies give the filling an awesome flavour, which is sure to please everyone.
To get the Stuffed Potatoes with Creamy Mushroom right, you must take care not to over boil the potatoes.
Pondering what to serve with Stuffed Potatoes with Creamy Mushroom, pair it with Fettuccine in Spinach Sauce or Che-mato Pasta and a salad .
- Cut all the potatoes vertically with the skin and scoop out the center.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry a few potato skins till they turn crisp or light brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle salt over the potatoes. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non- stick pan, add the green chillies and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms, oregano and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the white sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Place the fried potato halves on a serving plate and put little of the mushroom mixture in each halve.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||331.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||14 mg|
|Folic Acid||19.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.