Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31474 times
Soya rotis are made with well-balanced proportions of wheat flour and soya flour for a protein-packed punch. Remember to leave the dough alone for 15 minutes so as to get the perfect, elastic consistency for easy rolling. These rotis are rolled into 10-inch rounds, as they are being used as wraps, but you can also use the same dough to make regular rotis. You can pack these wraps with cottage cheese, veggies, sprouts and other healthy ingredients bound together with a sauce and seasonings of your choice for a handy and wholesome meal.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, soya flour, salt and 1 tbsp of oil in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Knead again using remaining ½ tbsp of oil till it is smooth and elastic.
- Divide into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion of the dough into a thin circle of 250 mm. (10”) diameter using a little flour.
- Heat a wok / wide iron kadhai upside down on a high flame and when hot, place the roti gently over the wok / kadhai ensuring that no creases form on the surface.
- Cook it till small blisters appear on the surface. Turn over the roti and cook for few more seconds till done.
- Repeat with the remaining dough portions to make 3 more rotis.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.