by Tarla Dalal
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21139 times
A dollop of gooey, creamy shrikhand laced with saffron and elaichi, topped with mixed nuts, and served with steaming hot puris – that’s something to yearn for! Now, with this quick shrikhand recipe, you don’t need to yearn for it; you can prepare it any time you feel like. However, remember it’s loaded with calories, so categorise it as an occasional treat!
- Dissolve the saffron strands in 1 tbsp of warm water. Keep aside.
- Place the curds in a muslin cloth. Squeeze the curds in the muslin cloth to remove all the excess water and discard it.
- Transfer the hung curds into a deep bowl, add the powdered sugar and mix well using a whisk.
- Add the cardamom powder and saffron-water mixture and again mix well using a whisk.
- Pour the shrikhand into a serving bowl, garnish with almond and pistachio slivers and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve chilled.
- Dissolving saffron (kesar) in warm water or milk is very important to bring out its full colour and flavour. So, never throw the saffron directly into the dish in a hurry without dissolving it first. Also remember that this is best done with your fingers than using a spoon.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.