Sugar Free Shrikhand, Low- Fat Kesar Elaichi Shrikhand
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 191 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31433 times
Who does not love the traditional charm of Shrikhand? Now, for all those diabetics who crave for this delightful dessert but cannot have it, here is a Sugar Free Shrikhand recipe, which you can enjoy occasionally in small portions.
This creamy delicacy is full of the goodness of curds, but sans the fat, since we have used hung low-fat curds. Use fresh curds for best results.
Although we have used a sugar substitute to make this recipe suitable for diabetics, you will be delighted to note that it tastes just the same as the authentic version made with sugar.
Also try other diabetic friendly Indian sweets like Paneer Kheer and Malai Peda .
- Combine the milk and saffron in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients, along with milk-saffron mixture, in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve chilled.
- Approx. 1½ cups of fresh low-fat curds when hung in a muslin cloth for 1 hour yields ¾ cup of hung low-fat curds.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.