Puris ( How To Make Pooris )
by Tarla Dalal
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Puris ( How To Make Pooris ) in Gujarati)
Added to 95 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 165397 times
Puris are perhaps one of the most well-known and versatile of indian foods. It can be served as a snack or a meal depending on the accompanying items. However, it is important to know the right way of making puris, so that they come out nice and fluffy and without too much oil. While the perfect puri can be bliss, flops can be quite overwhelming and prevent diners from having their fill. Why worry when you have this foolproof recipe to follow. Serve up those hot and crispy puris with a steaming side-dish or just curds and pickle; it’ll be wonderful in any case!
- Combine the whole wheat flour, 2 tbsp of oil and salt all and knead into a stiff dough using enough water.
- Knead again with the remaining ½ tbsp of oil and cover and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 75 mm. (3") diameter round.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and deep-fry the puris a few at a time till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot.
Puri (How to make Poori) Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per puri
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.