Mango Shrikhand, Aamrakhand
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13449 times
Like there are chocolate lovers, there are mango lovers too. They like everything mango-flavoured, from mousses and puddings to shakes and shrikhand! Here is how you can make rich and luscious Mango Shrikhand freshly at home. It calls for just common ingredients like curds, mango pulp, sugar and spices, and the procedure is quite simple too. While this Aamrakhand is the perfect shrikhand variant to make during the mango season, you can also make this traditional delicacy all round the year, if you have Alphonso Aamras stocked in your freezer. Team up this shrikhand with Puris, Batata Chips Nu Shaak, Kadhi and Vagharela Bhaat to create a sumptuous main course that you will love to dine on.
- Combine the saffron and milk in a small bowl, mix very well and keep aside.
- Place the hung curds in a deep bowl and whisk well.
- Add the mango pulp and powdered sugar and again whisk well.
- Add the cardamom powder, nutmeg powder, saffron-milk mixture, almonds and pistachios and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve chilled.
- 4 cups of curds when hung in a muslin cloth for 30 to 45 minutes yields 2 cups of hung curds.
Nutrient values per cup
|Vitamin A||1949.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||11.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||15.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.