Potato and Corn Sandwich On A Tawa
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11744 times
Have you ever wondered why bread-based snacks taste so wonderful when had on the roadside? While part of the credit goes to the experienced hand of the vendor who makes them day in and day out, it is also partly due to the way the bread is cooked on a tava with loads of butter!
While electric toasters have replaced the tava in some sandwich counters, many roadside vendors still use the humble tava to make their droolworthy fare! So, why not do the same at home? This Potato and Corn Sandwich on a Tava tastes simply too awesome, as the peppy taste and texture of the stuffing combines awesomely with the buttery crispness of bread cooked on a tava.
The stuffing also has a brilliant mix of ingredients like potatoes, carrots, corn, green chutney and cheese, which gives it a great mouth-feel as well as vibrant taste. Enjoy this snack immediately after cooking, before it gets soft and chewy.
You can also try other recipes like Tomato Ketchup and Potato Wafers .
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Trim the edges from all the bread slices.
- Place 2 bread slices on a clean, dry surface. Apply ½ tsp of butter on each bread slice.
- Place a portion of the prepared stuffing on one buttered bread slice and spread it evenly.
- Cover it with another bread slice with the buttered side facing downwards.
- Spread ½ tsp of butter evenly over it.
- Heat ½ tsp of butter on a non-stick tava (griddle) , place the sandwich on it with the buttered side facing upwards and cook on a medium flame till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Cut the sandwich diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
- Repeat steps 3 to 8 to make 5 more sandwiches.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup and wafers.
Nutrient values per sandwiche
|Vitamin A||381.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.