Roasted Red Capsicum and Cheese Tava Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7114 times
Roasting a capsicum on an open flame is the surest way to make yourself hungry because the aroma is just too appetizing! And well, that's just what goes into this awesome tava sandwich.
Roasted capsicum and cheese with just the right amounts of garlic, butter and mayonnaise yields an awesomely creamy and garlicky sandwich that promises tonnes of delight in every bite!
This predominantly savoury sandwich gets just a mild hint of sweetness from the roasted capsicum, which tastes too dreamy to describe.
The mixture for the Roasted Red Capsicum and Cheese Tava Sandwich can be prepared earlier and stored in the fridge for two days. So, you can prepare some during the weekend and keep it for a busy weekday.
Just make sure you serve the sandwich immediately after preparation to enjoy the vibrant texture and flavour.
You will also relish other sandwiches like the Pineapple Celery and Cottage Cheese Sandwich or Grilled Tomato and Cheese Sandwich
- Pierce a fork through the capsicum and roast it on a medium flame till it turns black from all the sides.
- Wash and remove its skin, stem and seeds and roughly chop it.
- Combine the roasted capsicum, cheese, garlic, mayonnaise, salt and black pepper in a mixer and blend till coarse.
- Place a bread slice on a clean, dry surface and spread ¼ th of the capsicum-cheese mixture evenly over it.
- Sandwich it using another bread slice and brush ½ tsp of butter evenly over it.
- Heat a non-stick a tava (griddle), put ½ tsp of butter and place the sandwich on it with the buttered side facing upwards and cook on a medium flame till it turns golden brown in color from both the sides.
- Cut the sandwich diagonally into 2 equal portions.
- Repeat steps 4 to 7 to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per sandwiche
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.