Spinach, Garlic and Cheese Tava Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3171 times
A gooey, cheesy, garlicky delight, which will make you feel soooo pampered, and a wee bit guilty later, but definitely worth the occasional indulgence!
This tava sandwich is packed to the core with yummy ingredients like spinach, cheese and garlicky butter, and coated all over with mayonnaise.
The use of mayo is the smart twist in this sandwich, as it gives a rich taste and uniquely crisp mouth-feel. Make sure you squeeze all the water out of the blanched spinach to avoid sogginess.
Also serve the Spinach, Garlic and Cheese Tava Sandwich immediately after preparation as it's loaded with cheese and bound to become a bit chewy if left for too long.
Also try your hand at other scrumptious sandwiches like the iron or Pineapple and Cheese Grilled Sandwich
- Heat the butter in a small non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Place a bread slice on a clean, dry surface and put 1½ tbsp of cheese evenly over it.
- Put 2 tbsp of the spinach evenly over the cheese.
- Put half the butter-garlic mixture evenly over it and sprinkle little salt and pepper evenly over it.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese evenly over this.
- Cover the sandwich with another bread slice and apply ½ tsp of mayonnaise evenly over it.
- Heat a non-stick a tava (griddle), place the sandwich on it with the mayonnaise side facing downwards, apply ½ tsp of mayonnaise on the side facing upwards and cook on a medium flame till it turns golden brown in color from both the sides. Transfer to a clean dry surface.
- Cut the sandwich diagonally into 2 equal portions.
- Repeat steps 2 to 8 to make 1 more sandwich.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per sandwiche
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.