Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10639 times
Pongal rice is a South Indian rice preparation with vegetables, rice, lentil and spices.A South Indian take on popular khichdi recipe, pongal rice is often served with sambhar or coconut chutney. A sweet variation of pongal rice is also popular.
- Take a non stick pan and pour ghee in it.
- Then fry the cashewnuts and pepper.
- Keep it aside.
- Then fry the green gram also.
- Boil 4 cups of water and pour into the pan.
- Boil the rice in this water and when rice is half cooked, put salt and ginger pieces.
- When rice is fully cooked,put the cashewnuts and pepper.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
- (if the green gram is soaked in water for 4 hrs., then it will be easy to boil).
This recipe was contributed by kalyanig on 07 Sep 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.