Paneer Pita Pockets
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 104 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39293 times
You will find this recipe especially satisfying, because every part of it, from the pita bread to the paneer coleslaw is homemade. Although that might sound daunting, it is not so. While it takes around twenty minutes to prepare the ingredients, the actual assembly and cooking of the pita pockets are quite fast, so you will actually enjoy making it. The whole family will enjoy these fresh and soft pita pockets, packed with a scrumptious and juicy coleslaw of veggies and paneer with mayonnaise.
- Combine the dry yeast with 2 tbsp of water in a bowl, cover and keep aside for 5 minutes or till the dry yeast completely dissolves in the water.
- Combine all the ingredients along with the yeast mixture in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and allow it to prove for 30 minutes or till the dough doubles in volume.
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions, roll out each portion into an oblong of 175 mm. (7”) length and 6 mm. (1/4”) thickness using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the pita bread on a medium flame on for 1 minute on each side or till the pita bread puffs up and a cavity is created in the bread.
- Cook it on an open flame till it puffs up and brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Cut each pita bread into 2 halves. Keep aside.
- Combine the paneer and the prepared marinade in a deep bowl, mix gently and marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the coleslaw into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Just before serving, warm the pita bread halves on a non-stick tava (griddle) stuff each with a portion of the coleslaw and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per pita pocket
|Vitamin A||387.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||19.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||9.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.