Jowar Pita Pockets ( Folic Acid and Zinc Rich Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 39 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18598 times
Falafels in an Indian and healthier avatar! Jowar contains zinc that is a great immune booster, folic acid that is a blood synthesizer.
These multi-nutrient fibre rich pockets are filled with shredded veggies mixed with curd, making it a sumptuous, healthy meal. Indulge without guilt!
- Sieve the jowar flour and salt together in a bowl.
- Add enough lukewarm water and knead into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Wet your palms and flatten each portion into a 125 mm (5") diameter circle.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and roast it on both sides till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining portions to make 5 more pitas. Keep aside.
- Drain the kabuli chana and blend it in a mixer to a coarse paste, using enough water.
- Combine all the ingredients including the kabuli chana in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape them into a 75 mm. (3”) flat, oval patties.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each patty, using ¼ tsp of oil, till it is golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Divide the salad into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Cut the jowar pita into half so that they form pockets. Warm the halves on a hot tava (griddle).
- Fill each pita half with one patty and a portion of the salad.
- Repeat with the remaining pitas, patties and salad to make 11 more pita pockets.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pita pocket
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.