Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4641 times
This has a nice, sour, sweet, chilly flavour, if
cucumber is not available then u may have to do
it with just mixing a little cream with the colour
and make a design if time permits
- First prepare the mint chutney.
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
- One small piece of garlic
- Green chilly 2 nos
- Tamarind paste 1/2 tspn
- 2 tspn of fresh coconut
- Grind all this together and keep aside.
- Then prepare the carrot chutney, this
- Can be a little sweet.
- Grated carrots 2 nos
- Coconut 2 tspns
- Red chillies dry 1 or 2
- Garlic a piece
- Sugar 1 tspn
- Grind all this together to get
- A nice smooth thick paste.
- Now u trim the edges of the sandwich
- Slices and keep aside.
- Keep all the chutneys ready as well
- Now on one slice of bread spread out the
- Mint chutney, pl. be liberal
- Then on another slice the carrot chutney
- And for the middle u spread mayonisse
- Or cream for the veg.
- Now arrange it one on top of the other just like
- The national flag and just for the garnish
- U put a slice of cucumber cut into the
- Shape of a chakra and dip it in food colour (blue)
- And place it right in the front of the sandwiches
- After cutting them. so this could be
- Fun making and the team spirit be there always
This recipe was contributed by shahimrana on 09 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.