Nachni Dosa, Ragi Dosa Made with Whole Nachni
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 60 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 55157 times
Did you know that fermented items tend to worsen acidity, or even cause it? Hence, idlis, dosas and such items made with a fermented batter are best avoided by those suffering from acidity.
This Nachni Dosa is a delicious alternative made with ragi and without rice. The batter is not fermented, but tastes fabulous because of the addition of ingredients like onions and a wee bit of green chilli and ginger pastes.
Enjoy the Nachni Dosa hot, with mildly-spiced Minty Green Chutney .
- Wash and soak the ragi in enough water in a deep bowl overnight. Drain.
- Combine the soaked ragi and approx. 1 cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the onions, green chilli paste, ginger paste, coriander and salt and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly with ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a ladelful of the batter on it and rotate the ladle in circular motion to make a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle. Cook it using ? tsp of oil till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat step 5 to make 11 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with minty green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.