Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8547 times
Mooga chandrakanti is a popular deep fried sweet cake recipe in orissa. The soaked green gram are blended into a paste and then dropped in hot oil.
- Soak the moong dal in water for 3 to 4 hours, drain and blend in a mixer into a smooth paste.
- In a deep pan, add 1 cup of water and bring to boil.
- Add the sugar, grated coconut, saunf and salt and mix well.
- Add the ground green gram paste, mix well and saute till the mixture becomes thick.
- Put 1 tsp of oil in a flat dish and grease well.
- Add the cooked paste and flatten them and keep aside to cool. Cut it into small diamond pieces and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the diamond shape green gram pieces till golden brown.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by barnika on 08 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.