Methi Mutter Malai
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 229 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 120442 times
A tasty combination of fenugreek leaves and green peas which is highly filled with iron. This is a good way of adding fenugreek to the diet of those who are fussy about eating green leafy vegetables.
- Wash the fenugreek leaves. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Wait for 15 minutes and then squeeze out the water.
- Put the tomato in hot water for 10 minutes. Remove and blend into a puree.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil, add the cumin seeds and fry until they crackle. Add the fenugreek and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the fenugreek.
- Add the balance 1 tablespoon of oil and heat again. Add the onion and fry until golden.
- Add the paste and fry for 1 minute. Add the tomato puree and dry masala and fry again. Add the peas, fenugreek, milk, sugar, salt and a little water and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.