Methi Mushroom Sabzi, Veg Mushroom Semi- Dry Curry
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4669 times
Pleasantly bitter and super aromatic fenugreek leaf is a great match for the relatively flavourless mushroom!
The two ingredients match fabulously in flavour and texture, and when perked up with an assortment of everyday spices, tomatoes, onions, and other ingredients, they give you a very tasty subzi.
A good amount of fresh tomato pulp gives this subzi a nice tanginess. Curd adds to this tanginess and also gives the subzi a luscious and rich mouth-feel.
Serve the Methi Mushroom Subzi hot and fresh, with Butter Naan and Dal Fry .
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the cinnamon, big cardamom, cardamom, cloves and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the ginger paste, garlic paste and green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato pulp, turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the curds, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the fenugreek, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.