Methi Mathis (mathri)
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16075 times
A deep fried flat bread recipe with flavours of methi leaves or fenugreek leaves, Methi mathis (mathri) taste best wit aloo ki subzi or pickle.
- Knead together plain flour, salt, fenugreek and 100 ml oil and water to make dough.
- Keep aside for 10 minutes. make 25 small balls out of it.
- Using a rolling pin, make flat discs with each ball (eash 4 cm in diameter and 2 mm thick).
- Heat oil in a wok and fry them in batches on medium-low flame for about 8-10 minutes, till light brown in colour.
- Keep aside to cool. serve at rom temperature.
This recipe was contributed by vinodsharma on 23 Jan 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.