Methi Makai Dhebra, Tea Time Snack
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5682 times
Dhebra is an Indian bread, popular in Gujarati cuisine. It is made of bajra flour, alone or together with other flours, and is often perked up with different ingredients like spices and herbs.
Here is an appetizing Methi Makai Dhebra, made with a mix of maize, bajra and other flours. A large assortment of ingredients like fenugreek leaves, sesame seeds, ginger and green chilli pastes, and more, go into the dough, giving the Dhebra a mind-blowing flavour.
Although the ingredients are many, they are all common, everyday ingredients sure to be found in your kitchen, so any day you find some time, you can pop into the kitchen and make this mouth-watering Dhebra to accompany your evening tea.
Try other tea-time snacks like Bread Palak Pakora or Crispy Masala Puri .
Add your private note
Methi Makai Dhebra, Tea Time Snack recipe - How to make Methi Makai Dhebra, Tea Time Snack
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 30 dhebras
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi- soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 30 equal portions.
- Pat a portion of the dough into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter and 1 cm thick circle in between your palms.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry a few dhebras at a time on a medium low flame till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. You can deep-fry 6 to 7 dhebras at a time.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container and consume within 2 days.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.