Makai Na Dhokla ( Microwave Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30985 times
This version of corn and maize flour dhokla turns out well in the microwave provided you mix the batter well and add the fruit salt right in the end. Enjoy these hot, with chutneys of your choice. And do not forget the coriander and coconut garnish as any dhokla would be incomplete without it!
- Combine the maize flour, sour curds and ½ cup of warm water together in a bowl and mix well till smooth. Keep aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Add the sweet corn, ginger-green chilli paste, asafoetida, sugar, oil and salt and mix well.
- Divide the batter into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Sprinkle ½ tsp of fruit salt and add lemon juice over 1 portion of the batter. When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour the batter immediately into a greased 175 mm (7”) diameter microwave safe baking dish and tilt the dish clockwise to spread the batter evenly.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes and keep aside.
- Repeat the steps 5 and 6 to make one more batch of dhokla.
- For the tempering, add the oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Add the mustard seeds, sesame seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves, and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Pour this tempering over the dhoklas, cool slightly and cut into equal-sized square pieces.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander and coconut.
- Add the fruit salt to the batter just before you are ready to cook them in the microwave. Otherwise, the dhoklas will not rise.
- Always use your hands while mixing the batter to break the lumps.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||159.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||11.1 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.